What We Do
Small Dog Design really is a one-stop kennel! We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality graphic design, website development, digital advertising, branding and marketing solutions.
We offer design, print, signage and web solutions in the following areas:
- Brand development including logo design and all elements of business stationery and signage.
- Design for marketing collateral including flyers, brochures, presentation folders, booklets, advertisements, promotional products, packaging and presentations.
- Design for corporate products including catalogues, reports, research papers, submissions, newsletters, manuals and annual reports.
We can work within the parameters of an existing corporate style guide or come up with design work that is creative and innovative.
Devoted, friendly and dedicated with an easy-going nature
Managing all aspects of your internal and external communications, from the initial concept to the tail-wagging finish, we can position your business to gain maximum exposure, and reach your target audience.
Today a great website is crucial to a successful business. Whether you’re after a simple online brochure, or a complete content-managed eCommerce solution, then look no further.
The Small Dog team can…
- Setup domain name and website hosting
- Manage Search Engine Optimization so you get the right traffic
- Monitor and maintain your site
At Small Dog we develop our websites using up-to-date technologies. Our standard checklist before making any site live includes:
- Cross browser compatibility (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome etc.)
- HTML compliance
- Ensuring it is fast loading
- Making it SEO friendly
- Responsive functionality – so your site can be easily viewed across all platforms including mobile devices
- Google Search Console Submission
- Google Analytics set up
- Addition of an SSL and security firewall
- Redirection of old links from your previous website
Content Management Systems (CMS)
Maintaining your own website can be exciting, but also frustrating. There are hundreds of content management systems available but often the learning curve is far too great. At Small Dog we mainly utilise WordPress which is an open source CMS, designed to bridge the gap between usability and functionality. A default installation of WordPress allows the following features:
- Ease of use
- Multi-user environment
- A wide range of pre-made modules and plug-ins including Banner Management, Photo Gallery Creation, Menu Management, News Publishing and even eCommerce Solutions
- Extendable via custom modules and plug-ins
It’s important to take care of your website when it is live – to keep it up to date and safe from online intrusions, and to make sure it is performing to its full capacity for you.
Sometimes, traditional forms of printed or other materials just won’t do. Multimedia can be the answer! Multimedia includes a combination of text, audio, still images, animation and video.
Multimedia is a format that is usually recorded and played, displayed or accessed by information content processing devices – such as computers, mobile devices, commercial displays or as part of a live performance. Presentations can include television commercials, cinema advertising, digital signage, training DVDs and online instructional videos. Let Small Dog take your project and bring it to life!
Obedient, athletic and agile with a strong desire to please
Creating and maintaining remarkable advertising is more important now than it has ever been. Each client’s journey is different and there is no set formula. We create a paw print that is unique to you.
Small Dog has been operating in Ballarat since 1998, and we are barking proud to have supported our local community.
We have helped local organisations and groups through a variety of in-kind and sponsorship projects. From cancer research and support services to healthcare awareness and local sporting groups, we like to think that Small Dog has helped to make our world a better place!
Well-balanced, cheerful and enthusiastic with a gentle manner
Working closely with you and your team, we’ll come to understand the spirit of your organisation – why you do what you do – and where you want to head as a business. Together we’ll define what success looks like.